Friday, October 19, 2012

IKA BUTONI Interviewed by M Style

 
M Style Interview
 
IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
 
IKA BUTONI, a member of Hong Kong Fashion Designers Association, has been showing her work at Hong Kong Fashion Week since 1985. Her work is available in 35 different countries, including Japan, France and the States. This year, IKA is opening her first ever retail shop at Mira Mall.

Mira: What’s fueled your passion in fashion all these years?

IKA: I loved painting during my childhood. In 1976 the fashion scene was taking off and Hong Kong Fashion Week started to become the most outstanding event in Asia. I felt it was a good decision to take the path of fashion designing.

Mira: Embroidery is often found in your designs, why do you love this element so much?

IKA: Embroidery is part of the traditional art and culture, but now the younger generation is less interested in it. Through my collection, I would like to bring awareness to the world, for example, the MIAO Collection which I created to highlight the beauty of the MIAO Culture.

Mira: Where do you draw inspiration from?

IKA: I firmly believe that I draw inspiration from my travels and interactions with people from different lands. They give me ideas and sprinkles of creation.

Mira: Your work is found all over the world, why choose Hong Kong to open your first retail shop?

IKA: My designs used to reach customers through wholesalers, but I’ve always thought how wonderful it would be to meet them face to face. So I started thinking about opening a retail shop. Hong Kong, it’s where I started my path in fashion so I open my first retail shop here.

Jacket - Black No. A1004FAJBB Price: $4000.00

IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
Necklace - Yellow/Brown No. E0398TYXEF00 Price: $1400.00 
IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
Dress - Blue/Beige No. A2205APCIP Price: $2900.00 
IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
Blouse - Off White No. A0181DBCVV Price: $2200.00 
IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
Dress - Red/Black No. A1916ABACB Price: $2900.00
IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
IKA BUTONI - Mira Mall - M Style
Click Here for Full Version of 《M Style》 

No comments:

Post a Comment